Le Hong Phuc
Of Counsel, based in the U.SLanguages: Vietnamese and English
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Business Law, Hanoi Law University, 1995;
- LL.M., International and Comparative Law, Vrije University, Brussel, Belgium, 2006;
- LL.M., International Business & Economic Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013;
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2015;
Professional Affiliations and Admissions:
- Member of the Hanoi Bar Association, Vietnam;
- Member of the Vietnamese American Bar Association of the Greater Washington DC Area (VABA-DC);
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA);
As an economic-oriented lawyer with over 18-year experience in business, trade, investment and tax related issues, Mr. Phuc has served both local and foreign clients doing business in Vietnam. His practice areas are investment, M&A, corporate laws, real estate, commerce, insurance, and tax.
Prior to joining LuatViet, Mr. Phuc began his legal career with an international audit firm (Coopers & Lybrand, currently PwC) in the position of a tax consultant. Subsequently, Mr. Phuc joined Lafarge Flécheux Campana Le Blevennec (LBLF Vietnam), a Paris-based law firm, as an associate. After LBLF Vietnam merged with another Paris-based law firm Ngo, Miguérès & Associés (currently Flécheux, Ngo & Associés), Mr. Phuc then joined Prudential Insurance Company as an in-house counsel for agency compliance, general regulatory and corporate compliance. He played an active role in the field of compliance for the life and health insurance business, claim dispute settlement, corporate compliance, insurance products, and other compliance related issues.
Mr. Phuc obtained an LL.M. degree from the Vrije University of Brussels, Belgium (in 2006) after practicing law over 10 years from the time of graduating with a LL.B. from Hanoi Law University (1995). Recently, he also obtained an LL.M. and a J.D. from two highly recognized and accredited law schools in the United States (2013 and 2015).
Mr. Phuc is a member of the Hanoi Bar Association in Vietnam and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) in the U.S.