Senior Counsel, Based in Hanoi
- B.A., English Literature, Beijing Language Institute, China, 1983;
- M.A., Intellectual Property Laws, Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, New
Hampshire, USA, 1987;
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, 1994
Professional Affiliations and Admissions:
- Member of the California State Bar;
- Member of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- He was licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice in Vietnam.
Mr. John Yue is a Senior Counsel at LuatViet. He has practiced for more than 12 years in the US and Vietnam with a focus on working with technology start-ups and cross–border transactions. He provides strategic advice to companies and subsidiaries in Vietnam involving investment, regulatory compliance matters, and acquisition and sale of Vietnam related projects and companies. His clients who are based in Europe, U.S.A, Hong Kong, Malaysia and China are in broad sectors including technology, insurance, financial services, hospitality, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, FMC, and venture financing. John advises corporate and private clients on planning and structuring transactions for investment, corporate, employment, securities, foreign investment, and M&A.
Mr. John received his J.D. degree from Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, California, USA (1994); and a Master of Intellectual Property Laws from Franklin Pierce Law Center in Concord, New Hampshire, USA in 1987. John’s undergraduate studies were in English Literature in China.
He is a member of the State Bar of California and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
He was licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice in Vietnam.